Trouble mounting CDROM

Subject: Trouble mounting CDROM
From: Bud Freeman (bud@ttrout.ecology.uga.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:40:34 MDT

I've just installed YDL on B&W G3, and wanted to install other
packages included on CDROMs bundled with CS 1.2--eventually
wanting to get MOL running. Alas, when I attempt to open CDROMs
(even as root) I get the following message

mount fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

any ideas or help much appreciated

bud freeman

Hollis wrote

> Your kernel should definately support iso9660 unless you're using one you
> compiled yourself and forgot to include that filesystem.
>
> -Hollis

Bud Replied

i didn't compile kernel myself, BUT I used YUP update and a kernel update
was posted on 7/28/00-- 2.2.17-0.6.1 since this was a new installation, i
was getting those updates before i tried to install anything else--so i
actually never tried to read additional CDROMs before this update--maybe
that's where the problem lies.