Re: Red Hat logos and other pleadings

Subject: Re: Red Hat logos and other pleadings
From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme@mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 09:47:50 MDT

> Subject:Red Hat logos and other pleadings
> From:Pat Plummer <ppat@micron.net>
> Date:Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:35:26 -0600
> To:yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
>

> Also, where would I find the config file that specifies background
> images in
> the KDE X login screen? I'd sure like to change that Red Hat logo that
> seems to have
> cropped up to a Yellow Dog : ) . I've looked everywhere (well, obviously
> not *everywhere*),
> but can't quite figure it out.

Hmm... I wonder if the RedHat logo is a default compiled into kdm.

See if you have the yellowdog-logos RPM installed:

rpm --query yellowdog-logos

> Finally, I'd like to find a full featured X based email package. Kmail
> 1.0.29
> is OK but seems a little limited and I am unable to get the latest
> version of
> it to compile. Do any of you have recommendations regarding a package
> you like
> (aside from Netscape's built in mailer functions) ?

You may want to try mozilla. R17 (the latest) is now available for
LinuxPPC. Runs nice on my YDL CS 1.2 box. The mailer is a big
improvement over Netscape in that you can now mix multiple IMAP and POP3
accounts (my big criteria).

<<<John>>>