kmysql install problem

Subject: kmysql install problem
john.newsom@bsd405.com
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 15:54:22 MDT

Help! I am trying to install the source for kmysql, a KDE gui client for mysql.
Running CS 1.2 on 99 PB G3 400 MHz (Lombard). I downloaded the tar.gz source
code, but when I do a ./configure, I get the following error (at end of report)

-----------

creating libtool
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include/kde
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for kde headers installed... yes
checking for kde libraries installed...
      configure: error: your system fails at linking a small KDE
                  application!
Check, if your compiler is installed correctly and if you have used the
same compiler to compile Qt and kdelibs as you did use now

I checked the KDE package install files, and it looks like the KDE library files
are installed in the /usr/lib directory.

Any ideas? Should I reinstall the KDE package from the YDL disk? Should I
download the latest KDE package from YDL?

John Newsom