Re: YDL FTP Server

Subject: Re: YDL FTP Server
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 18:34:08 MDT

1. open the file /etc/initd.conf
Look around and read the comments.
Find the line (about line 35) that starts "ftp stream tcp ...." and uncomment
it. Save changes. (PS this line also specifies what flavor of FTP server to use
- see the YellowDog site for info on wuftpd and proftpd and the security issues
they address)

2. restart inetd by typing "killall -HUP inetd" from the console

You probably need to be root to do any of this.