Re: so slow

Subject: Re: so slow
natorro@yahoo.com
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 18:31:03 MDT

> Hi Peter: I also have been quite surprised at how slow KDE & Gnome are
> on my machine--at least for moving and scrolling windows. I am running
> a Pismo Powerbook, 400mHz G3 w/ 192 megs RAM. I doubt this sluggishness
> is due to my hardware, though I have wondered whether perhaps it's due
> to the software not being configured properly for this new hardware. I
> gather, though, that similar problems exist on other configurations.
> Telling from the comments to your question, I can't quite tell whether
> there are people out there who have non-sluggish KDE windows or not.
> Are there? Anyone have more info. on how to address the caching issue?

Hi!, I guess you hace that kind of problem because you are not using the
acceleration option in your /etc/X11/XF86Config I used to have that kind
of problem in my Laptop, it is a PII and I was very disspointed with the
performance... but it was my surprise when I discovered that the accel
option in the Section "Device" was turn off, I just wrote in that
section:

Option "accel"

and it changed everything so beautfully that I was happy again :-)

Try doing it and tell me if it worked???

Cheers
natorro