Re: Problems with mpg123 - stuck on "fastforward"

Subject: Re: Problems with mpg123 - stuck on "fastforward"
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 14:26:50 MDT

Tommy Young wrote:

> I had that problem too, I would either ask the linuxppc list as ydl ?s are
> often asked there or searched the archives I only had it happen in mpg123
> but I think it has to do with esound

I found some reference to esound, and following the advice of deleting
the .xmms directory brought XMMS back to life again - but it still
doesn't explain what's the problem with esound - will follow it up with
the ppc developer lists.

Thanks for the pointer - now it works :)

> > While trying to use XMMS, GQmpeg or mpg123 directly on my 1999 Bronze
> > Powerbook G3 running YDL v1.2, the mp3 sounds like a CD does if you hold
> > down the "fastforward" button on a CD player. As a result, a 5 minute
> > song is typically over in 30 seconds.
> >
> > The sound is not a Mickey Mouse high pitch sound, but rather a play a
> > bit, skip a bit, play a bit effect.
> >
> > Has anyone else encountered this problem?
> >
> > The hardware is a 400MHz G3, and the processor time taken up while
> > decoding varies wildly between around 48% to 86%.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to fix it?

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon