ybin 0.17 online

Subject: ybin 0.17 online
From: Ethan Benson (erbenson@alaska.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 21:09:58 MDT

I have released ybin 0.17 it can be downloaded from
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/ybin/

http://www.linuxppc.org is currently broken so you will need to use
the alaska.net server.

Changes:

* A new completely rewritten ofboot.b script. This script unlike
previous scripts is configured by ybin based on configuration options
in /etc/yaboot.conf. -- you should never need to edit this script
yourself. Also unlike previous scripts this script can be configured
to present a REAL dual or tri-boot menu. To enable the menu simply
add "macos=hd:10" to /etc/yaboot.conf (where hd:10 is the actual
OpenFirmware path to a MacOS boot partition) and the menu will then
display an option to boot MacOS. At present only two OSes may be
defined: macos and macosx. See the man pages or README for details on
the new configuration options.

Thanks to Chris Emerson for writing the Forth code in the new ofboot.b
script.

* A small bug that prevented ofboot.b or yaboot from containing an
underscore in the filename has been fixed.

* Yaboot 0.7 binary included.

* Now include a Makefile to handle installation, type `make install'
to install. The old install-sh script has been removed.

The new ofboot.b script has been tested on a G3 and a G4, please
report any problems to me directly as i do not monitor all these
mailing lists.

enjoy!

--
Ethan Benson