Re: Linux as fileserver

Subject: Re: Linux as fileserver
From: Martin McWhorter (m_mcwhorter@prairiegroup.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 09:57:02 MDT

Kurt,

Yes you will need to configure all that good stuff like NT Domain and
WINS servers...

Im not sure if the version of Samba on YDL comes with SWAT. If it does you would
enter http://localhost:901/ into your web browser to configure Samba.

If not, just edit the /etc/smb.conf to fit your NT enviroment. See samba.org for
more help.

then restart your Samba deamons with...

/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nmb restart