RE: Linux as fileserver

Subject: RE: Linux as fileserver
From: Stefan Schneider (stefan.schneider@comsat.com.ve)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 10:00:19 MDT

That could help but is not at all needed, you can use the (lenghty) command

smbmout \\\\myserver\\myshare mypassword -U username -W domain -I
myserveripaddress

Note that \\ in unix means \ in NT (Old unix goofness where \ is a special
character for commands that span multiple lines so for special characters
like \,& or # to appear in strings in the shell you have to enter them as

no need to modify the smb.conf file although it might help you use the short
version :)

Stefan