PATH question...

Subject: PATH question...
From: Israel Alvarez (is@isaka.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 12:32:19 MDT

Hope I'm not annoying the regulars on here...

I've run across another problem. I was reading Olivier van Helden's
description of how he got netatalk working through the chooser on his
machine and, since I've never been able to get netatalk or samba working,
figured I'd give it a shot.

Came across a strange problem when trying to run insmod - even after su-ing
to root, I can't run insmod unless I'm in sbin and type ./insmod. Obviously,
this causes probs for the atalk startup as well. I can access everything in
bin no prob, but am wondering what's going on. Are /sbin tools only
available for a local root? If so, how can I change this so that my inits
have access to them?

--

Israel Alvarez is at isaka dot net propellerhead without portfolio isaka studio "You are in a twisty maze of standards, all different."