Re: Was I hacked?

Subject: Re: Was I hacked?
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 16:32:28 MDT

One last suggestion that just occured to me... a good /etc/issue.net can deter
a hacker even if your system is vulnerable by bluffing them. It definitely
shows that you know people might try to access your system and that you intend
to prosecute anyone who enters or attempts to enter without permission.

Here is a good link for anyone interested in being able to prosecute an
unlawfull entry:

http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/j-043.shtml

Regards,
Charles