Problems starting X

Subject: Problems starting X
From: Pierluigi Ricci (pierluigi.ricci@rcs.it)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 04:51:59 MDT

Hello to all,
after resolving my install problems (Powerbook 2000), now here I am with
this new problem:
As I type startX linux tells me that Server is not present,
then I run Xconfigurator and this is what it gives:

  _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
      giving up.
      xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
      xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

I tried to look inside etc/X11/ and it seems that something is missing.
I tried to look on some faqs and on the Yellowdog Mailing List Archive, but
nothing is clear for me (I very new on this OS).
Please help me even this time!!!
Maybe I have to install something like X server, but how???
Thank you

Pierluigi Ricci - Italy