Can't shutdown

Subject: Can't shutdown
From: Prodoehl, Peter (PPRODOEHL@QG.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 08:36:04 MDT

Hope this isn't offtopic. YDL is running great on my PowerMac 8500, so I
thought I'd give the Intel world a try. Two questions:

I currently have Red Hat 6.0 running on an Intel machine, when I do a
'shutdown' with 'now' or any other option, it just sits there. It never
actually shutes down...?

With YDL it was easy enough to burn the CD's I needed using a Mac. Can I
use a Mac to burn the ISO images, and make a boot floppy for Red Hat 6.2
for Intel? I guess I'm wondering if I can make what I need to install
Linux on a PC without access to Windoze...

thanks...

Pete