Re: No sound

Subject: Re: No sound
From: antadam (antadam@lunch-lady.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 15:36:54 MDT

it works. i have the exact same computer you do
in your terminal type 'modprobe dmasound' then in your
/etc/conf.modules file type in 'alias sound dmasound' and save it.
for some reason i've noticed and error when using xboot though. if
you start up your system and go to the xboot control panel and start
linux w/o shutting down first sound won't work...however, if you
shutdown your system and totally restart your computer and select
linux it'll work fine. you prolly forgot to add alias sound dmasound
to your conf.modules file.