Re: MySQL 2.23.22 problem

Subject: Re: MySQL 2.23.22 problem
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 00:08:10 MDT

>000818 22:19:22 mysqld started
>000818 22:19:22 bdb: architecture lacks fast mutexes: applications
>cannot be t
>hreaded

I think I answered my own question -- to experiment with the new
MySQL transaction stuff, I installed the Berkeley DB libraries (which
transactions require). The error is out of the DB libraries, because
for the DB libraries to be used in a threaded application, it
requires fast mutexes and can't find them on YD linux.

Uninstalling berkeley DB and rebuilding mySQL seems to fix it, but in
the longer term, this is something we'll have to look at since
transaction support in MySQL is a Very Good Thing. But since it's
early in the code cycle for that, I can live iwthout it.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"