No Dial

Subject: No Dial
From: Bryce Verdier (louiscipher@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 21:32:33 MDT

alright, that time again for the simple stuff... i am having modem
problems.

i went to the imaclinux site and did what they told me to do for
creating a ppp dial up, and nothing.

Under KDE i try and have red hat auto configure for my modem and it
doesn't see the modem.( just a side note, this is a reinstall and the
modem did work before... and does work now under mac os so i don't think
this is a hard ware issue). I also went uder /etc/wvdial.conf and
changed the init string to something that the modem company said it
would like. Still nothing.

I use BootX, and the first time i set this up it wasn't this
difficult... SO what am i missing??

thanx in advance
bryce