Twin Turbo - a sad chapter :-(

Subject: Twin Turbo - a sad chapter :-(
From: David Bonde (david.bonde@lector.kth.se)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 12:13:02 MDT

I installed YDL 1.2 on my Umax clone the other day, just to realize
that nothing (?) has happened with the acceleration of IMS
TwinTurbo-cards. Dpending on how I check 'force video ...' or 'no
video drivers' the graphics is either completely unaccelerated or
accelerated (in text mode, in graphics mode you can't say) but when
you move a window the desktop becomes completely messed up. I have
looked at the special Twinturbo pages but the all refer to
2.1-kernels; shouldn't the features they talk about be included in
2.2-kernels?

Has anyone here been successful with a 4MB TwinTurbo-card? Any suggestions?