OpenFirmware: ROM checksum failure!

Subject: OpenFirmware: ROM checksum failure!
From: Christopher Cianci (cianci@tiger.cc.oxy.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 13:24:01 MDT

Hi all,

This is my first time asking a question of a list, but I am desperate. I
attempted to install YDL on a blue/white G3, and failed, but hosed my
partition map in the process -- the machine now refuses to boot from even
a cd (YDL or MacOS), but rather dumps me into the OpenFirmware 3.1.1.

If I could find documentation for this "New World" (no pun intended), I am
sure that it must not be that difficult to re-instate the proper ROM.
However, I am currently at a loss. Any help that anyone can offer would be
greatly appreciated. At this point I would rejoice just to get it back the
way it was.

Thank you,

-- chris --