Mouse or xf4

Subject: Mouse or xf4
From: karl safranek (karls142@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 18:45:17 MDT

Hi,

I had a very productive Sunday afternoon, I installed YD CS 1.2 on a G4
AGP and joined this list . :-)

I do have a consern, I can't use the 3 button emmulation with my 'hokey
puck' under xfree86 3.x.x. I did read the fix on YD's website but I'm
not keen on that solution. I would prefer to use a 'real' 3-button
mouse, so my question is: are there any 3 button USB mice that work 'out
of the box' with YD?

I will also be upgrading to XFree86 4.0.1 and to one of the newer
kernels (probably 2.2.17preXXfrom BenH), so the same issue applies, has
the single button mouse problem improved under these versions? Can I
happily follow the iMac DV upgrade instructions for X from the YD
website on my G4 ?

thanks,

--karl