Re: mixing scsi and ata

Subject: Re: mixing scsi and ata
From: Mark Martin (mark.martin@duke.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 08:06:33 MDT

Dave,

Have you considered swapping your installs, running LINUX off of
the SCSI drive, and running OS9 off of the ATA? That is how I
got mine to work. My BIGGEST problem was during the disk setup
getting the SWAP partition to be valid.

Also, YDL page 4.2, "...yaboot is far simpler on IDE drives then
on SCSI..." Also from the YDL website, "... yaboot does not yet have
the ablitly to read from SCSI drives..."

Hope this helps...

Cheers, and good luck!
Mark Martin
mark.martin@duke.edu