Re: RAID solutions

Subject: Re: RAID solutions
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 13:49:57 MDT

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Scott R. Every wrote:
>AFAIK, there are no RAID solutions(PCI based) which work under ppc.
>Mylex and ICP Vortex both do NOT support the powerpc
>
>if you find something that works, i would love to know about it.

 Actually what I was thinking of was a stand alone box (no PCI card) that
interfaces directly with the SCSI adapter. I have seen a couple of these
on the web, they all claim to be OS independant (some even offer support
of multiple hosts running multiple OSes). I was just wondering if anyone
here has had any good experiences with a particular
model/brand/configuration. I don't have a lot of experience purchasing
RAID hardware and I find it hard to get a feeling for a product from a web
page, well at least most of the pages that I have seen (some of them have
been uuuuuugly).

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada