Re: Yup update mismatched kernel and modules

Subject: Re: Yup update mismatched kernel and modules
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 17:29:02 MDT

At 7:25 PM -0400 8/23/00, Hollis R Blanchard wrote:

>But should this be in *yup*, or in the kernel RPM? I think it makes more sense
>in the kernel rpm

The answer is, um, yes.

Define some filename: README.postinstall (or whatever). That's where
the instructions on what needs to be done to finish installation
after you load an RPM will exist, if needed.

Yup is taught that if that file exists, it flags it for the user, and
tells them to read the file for info on how to finish the
installation.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"