A Newbie question about .bin files.

Subject: A Newbie question about .bin files.
From: A. Tuazon (arnetuaz@enoreo.on.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 20:29:14 MDT

I'm a newbie to Linux and I've been trying to look for docs regarding YDL
and the ability to execute .bin files. I couldn't seem to find any so I
hope someone here can answer my question.

I downloaded StarOffice 5.2 and I'm running YDL CS 1.2 on a b/w G3. Every
time I try to manipulate/execute the so-5_2-gn-bin-linux-en.bin file, I get
the message : can not execute binary files.

1) Is there a problem with my copy of YDL or is it just impossible to
install StarOffice because it's in .bin format ? Why ?

2) If it is because it's in .bin format is there a way to change the format
so I can install StarOffice ?

Since I'm a newbie at this please answer these questions in some detail.
Thanks for the help.