Getting NICs to work

Subject: Getting NICs to work
From: doowirb7 (doowirb7@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 21:38:07 MDT

Hello, I'm a Linux newbie (I've had YDL installed on my iMac DV SE for a few
weeks now) and am trying to set up my SuperMac C500/200 (112MB RAM, 4GB HD)
as a router and web server, as well as a print/file server with Netatalk for
my LAN. Anyway, I have two RealTek 8139 chipset cards which work fine in
the Mac OS, but the YDL installer doesn't seem to recognize them when I try
to install from a FTP or HTTP server. Is there any special trick to getting
these NICs to work with the installer? If I can't do a 'net install, I can
just burn a CD of the downloadable images. But even after I have YDL
installed, what must I do to get these NICs to work?

Thanks