can't load linux from OF anymore (who is adler?)

Subject: can't load linux from OF anymore (who is adler?)
From: Philip Brodd (pbrodd@cs.uiowa.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 11:04:26 MDT

Hi all,

I had been running CS 1.2 on a Sawtooth G4/450 for several weeks with no
problems, but now I can't boot into Linux from the OF prompt.

Here is what I did (and had been doing successfully) and the error I got:

---
0> setenv boot-device /pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0:6,\vmlinux
0> boot load-size=281696 adler32=bb0a8f7d

CLAIM failed ok 0> ---

[NOTE: On the second line, I only type "boot". The "load-size..." part just shows up on the same line.]

Other info:

1. I upgraded my kernel from whatever was the default on the CS 1.2 image to version 2.2.15pre19. My first theory was that I needed to download another copy of the kernel file and replace the vmlinux file at the root level of my Mac OS partition. This didn't work. Could it be I need to replace other Mac OS-side files?

2. I also updated the firmware to whatever is the latest version. This was after the problem began, though.

3. I'm using yaboot 0.6.

I don't know what else to provide, so hopefully that's enough info.

Thanks.

Phil