Re: can't load linux from OF anymore (who is adler?)

Subject: Re: can't load linux from OF anymore (who is adler?)
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:37:11 MDT

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 01:57:07PM -0400, christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca wrote:
>!!!! Does this mean that YDL will now boot on the dual processor machines?
>I have a 450DP and 500DP that are literally just sitting in the box until
>YDL will boot on them! I've been checking the YDL site for the last couple
>of weeks waiting for a DP announcement. Please tell me it is so and what I
>need to do to get them to boot.

Updating to 0.7 of yaboot didn't seem to help me get access to the
second processor on my computer. If you have any success with getting
them both working I wouldn't hearing about it. Also could you tell me
what revision your G4s are? You can find out once you get your computer
up and running by running `cat /proc/cpuinfo`. From the posts I've
seen, most people have revision 2.8 or 2.9. I have revision 17.1...

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/