Re: Root can't log in to xserver

Subject: Re: Root can't log in to xserver
From: JCS (chris526@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:44:53 MDT

You might try replacing the two "=" characters in /etc/resolv.conf with
space characters - I don't think the "=" is supposed to be there. Also, if
you copied text directly from your /etc/resolv.conf file and pasted it into
your email message, then "namserver" on the third line is misspelled.

your /etc/resolv.conf
-----
search
nameserver=216.178.151.2
namserver=216.178.151.3
-----

try this /etc/resolv.conf
-----
search yourisp.domain.name
nameserver 216.178.151.2
nameserver 216.178.151.3
-----

Replace "yourisp.domain.name" with your ISP domain name.