XF4 and 2.2.17pre20-ben1

Subject: XF4 and 2.2.17pre20-ben1
From: Karl Safranek (karls142@home.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 17:00:53 MDT

I just installed Ben's latest kernel and XFree 4.0.16 on a G4 'sawtooth'
running YD CS 1.2.

I can't get X to work. The server crashes with 'failed to initialize core
devices' In runlevel 3, the mouse is non fuctional, otherwise the machine
runs fine. (I'm not even sure if the mouse is supposed to work in 3)

For those wishing to look at the full XF86 log file, I've posted it here:
http://members.home.net/karls142/xflog/

XF86Config was downloaded from the support pages on yellowdog's web site.
The instructions were geared towards the iMac DV, but I figured they should
work with my G4 or atleast be close. The keyboard is stock Apple, the mouse
is a Logitech MouseMan Wheel (optical).

The XF86Config file is posted here :
http://members.home.net/karls142/xflog/XF86Config

Thanks for any suggestions,