no mouse (No such device)

Subject: no mouse (No such device)
From: Kevin Heflin (kheflin@shreve.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 18:59:13 MDT

Well I've done it now. Trying desperately to get multibutton mouse with my
TurboMouse, running on a G4 with imate adapter.

I started off with at least a single button...
But don't even have that anymore, when running startx I get this error:

Fatal server error:
Cannon open mouse (No such device)

I'm currently running kernel 2.4.-0 test 7 which has some added support
which I hoped to get me going with the Turbomouse. Now when I startup, i
see some messages that it has found the iMate adapter, so I thought I was
getting closer. But now I have absolutely no mouse at all. I've tried
hooking up my Apple Hockey Puck, but can't get that to work either.

I believe I've tried every setting in mouseconfig to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Production         | 333 Texas St #175    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net