Blue+White G3 monitor res/refresh

Subject: Blue+White G3 monitor res/refresh
From: Susan McNab (smcnab@twics.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 06:38:55 MDT

Just installed YDL on one of the early version Blue+White G3s. I would like
to know how to increase the refresh rate and screen resolution for my
multiscan Nanao/Eizo monitor. After staring at monitors all week and all day
at work, a low refresh rate and screen resolution is _torturous_.

In the latest YDL Installation Guide p7.4 it says that for Blue & White G3s
you should check "No Video Driver" until an updated video driver is
available. (I checked the Web site and couldn't find an update.)

1. Does this mean you just have to accept the default and can't experiment
with Kernel Video Arguments?

2. Does anyone have any tips/advice about pitfalls associated with
experimenting with Kernel Video Arguments?

3. Is there an updated video driver?

4. Is there a good Web site that has information about Kernel Video
Arguments?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I looked back through quite a few
messages and couldn't find out about this.

Would appreciate any help that's out there.

Sue McNab