Re: no mouse (No such device)

Subject: Re: no mouse (No such device)
From: Kevin Heflin (kheflin@shreve.net)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 12:34:33 MDT

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Myles Vredenburg wrote:

> Take a look around in the kernel source tree's 'Documentation'
> directory.

I've been digging around in there, and found a few things I might
try. Just wondering, when you upgraded to the dev 2.4 kernel. Did you
included the "devfs" support ?

And if so, did you go through all the steps of installing the devfsd
daemon ?

My original try with 2.4.x didn't boot up, and it was because I had
included the devfs support (it was marked Y by default)

I tried again without devfs, and it booted. But I'm wondering if that's
needed to get iMate working etc.. ?

I'm hoping you didn't have to do that.. But if I need to included that,
and get all that working, it was suggested to upgrade from XF3 to XF4,
which I have not done..

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Production         | 333 Texas St #175    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net