routing

Subject: routing
From: Bryce Verdier (bverdier@pennnet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 11:53:04 MDT

here is my situation, my company just got a T1 installed... All the sys
admins don't want anyone in the company using it until there can be some
kind of protection from the outside world.

well i have a linux box with two nic cards installed. And i would like to
route through it. Each card is set up with the proper address it needs to do
what i want it to. i can ping the cards address from the outside world, so i
know its getting information.

my default gateway is still the same, still points toward the firewall. And
i told the machine to route. Now when i do a trace route it tells me it goes
from the linuxbox to the firewall... not right!

How do i tell the machine to push form one NIC card to the other.

and Webmin is installed if that helps.

thanx
b.

 Albert Einstein:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former."