Re: Airport and YDL? *newbie alert*

Subject: Re: Airport and YDL? *newbie alert*
From: Josh Davidson (josdav@tfn.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 12:57:54 MDT

thanks andy. it seems my system is just completely misconfigured for
this... there *are* no references to eth0 in /etc/sysconfig or
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

i did the insmod command as you suggested. had to specifically designate
the path to airport.o. it didn't output anything after i issued the
command, which i took as a good sign (no news is good news...), but when i
tried to get the interface configured in linuxconf, it gave me this error:

can't probe current setup of network device airport.
no way to activate the network.

... so what am i missing? the ip, subnet, and gateway info is
correct. my airport card works and gets full signal in macos from this
same physical location. i've triple-checked the network name. i feel
like i must be missing something pretty basic, though. is there a good,
clear, idiot-friendly reference to linux networking anywhere on the
net? i used to think i was pretty smart, but linux has shown me otherwise.
=P

thanks,
--josh