Re: Fatal server error: No valid modes found

Subject: Re: Fatal server error: No valid modes found
From: A. Tuazon (arnetuaz@enoreo.on.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 16:12:06 MDT

How are you starting YDL ? Are you Xbooting or Yabooting ? Try this, if
you are Xbooting, then uncheck No Video Driver (that is, don't choose it !),
save your prefs and boot it. Once in, then, as root, type in
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xconfigurator. This will run the Xconfigurator program and
configure Xwindows for you. You choose your video driver at this point
(it's a long list but if you type the first letter of your monitor brand, it
should take you straight there). You then choose your resolution and it
should configure your monitor after that. Once you're out of Xconfigurator,
type in startx and it should work.

If you are Yabooting, then you have to add "no video driver" at the end in
the yaboot.conf script (use Simpletext to do this) and save it.

BTW, about the No Video Driver, for my G3 b&w, it was suggested to me to
uncheck No Video Driver, then run the Xconfigurator. I don't know what will
happen if you choose No Video Driver and run Xconfigurator.

I hope this helps.

at