File size limit exceeded

Subject: File size limit exceeded
From: Vance C. Mizuba (vance@mail.cns.queens.org)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 20:08:50 MDT

Hi,

Excuse me if this subject has been broached before but I have
searched all the archives I could find. For some reason we are unable
to exceed a file size of 40mb on any of our mounted disks (SCSI and
Jaz). For example, when creating a large tar file, the command stops
when the file reaches 40mb with the error "File size limit exceeded".

There is ample disk space available and no quotas are running. We are
running Yellowdog with kernel 2.2.15-2.9.0 on a 8600/200. I'm not
sure what more information is needed.

Thanks in advance.

           --vance--

--