Powerbook G3 & PCMCIA support

Subject: Powerbook G3 & PCMCIA support
From: Dave Clemans (dgc@dsl-209-162-216-78.easystreet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 22:22:01 MDT

Should PCMCIA cards work on a Powerbook G3 (Wallstreet II model I think)
running
a CS 1.2 distribution kernel?

I've tried both the one off the 1.2 cdrom (a version 2.2.15), and the latest
update (2.2.17). In both cases the system crashes immediately when I insert
any of the pcmcia cards I have are inserted.

Under 2.2.15, the system hung with no message. Under 2.2.17, the system
crashed
with a null pointer dereference, on a call from cardmgr.

I've also tried rebuilding the kernel from source using a pcmcia specific
patch to the serial driver; that had no effect.

Other than that, the system is running fine.

Is there any experience saying that the pcmcia slots should work on a G3
Powerbook?

Thanks,
dgc