Re: XF4 and 2.2.17pre20-ben1

Subject: Re: XF4 and 2.2.17pre20-ben1
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 08:02:02 MDT

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Xconfigurator is for XF3. You're using XF4. The two have different config
> file formats. To use XF4, start with a precreated one (there are Pismo and
> G4 ones in the same place you got the RPMS) and edit it by hand to suit your
> machines.

Although Xconfigurator is required for XF4's xf86cfg package... I thought it
was for the Card list but when I ran xf86config it failed to auto config the
mouse protocol and changing the line in the XF86Config file didn't seem to
effect the x86cfg's method of choosing the mouse protocol... so I had to run
xf86config which couldn't get the Card list.

Ideas?

Charles

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.