Should I use Yellow Dog Linux?

Subject: Should I use Yellow Dog Linux?
From: Colin Comollatti (c.comollatti@cqu.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 16:56:04 MDT

G'Day all

I would like to know how administrators find Yellow Dog Linux to use?

Is there any security problems for new users of Linux?

How does YDL Handle multiple domains?

I am wanting to setup the following all on different servers:

2 DNS
1 Web Server (multiple domains)
1 Email Server (multiple domains) maybe webmail?
1 Database Server
1 Mailing list Server
   FTP access (for user to update web sites)

What extra software, other then YDL, would I need to beg, borrow,
steal, maybe even purchase ;) to do the above?

I am using the following software on Macintosh G4s' with no monitors
( I access my server using a Powerbook):

Webstar 4.2
EIMS 3.0.1
QuickDNS Pro 2.2.1

The software is easy to setup and use, however, sometimes they will
just not do what I would like.

Thank You for your time.

Col.