Re: Powerbook install.

Subject: Re: Powerbook install.
From: Mauricio Cerda (busman@telsur.cl)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 22:20:09 MDT

Hi!

I have some time watching the e-mail list (donīt be paranoic just looking :) )
I use my G4 just with MacOS and some VirtualPC, well I have to
configure a net, my mac have the connection, and Iīm a total newbie,
I can use just mac soft but I hear good comment about linux, I use
all the info I can find about YDl I install it on my second HD, well
and I have multiple problems... for example, i still canīt
configurate my ATI 128, I still canīt configurate my acces to
internet, and more important than that, I still canīt start X.. soo
as you can see I have no idea of linux...

I need a web page for start of the begining in linux, some basic
commands and all that, the instalation on a g4/400 AGP and process
like install ATI 128, I use mac all my life really donīt have idea of
work in linux, I just use it sometimes to make my programs (some C++
and Perl) or thing like that, but never install linux my self...

I hope someone can help, I read the e-mails of different months and
year of this list, I see the e-mail traffic the last month and I
canīt see the info Iīm looking for...

Well thanks in advance...

PD: sorry the english ;)

Mauricio Cerda V.