lost interrupt on G4 AGP

Subject: lost interrupt on G4 AGP
pjkim@excite.com
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 23:13:45 MDT

I am trying to install YDL 1.2 on a G4 AGP (450 dual processor). I tried
booting off the CD and get "lost interrupts." The boot process seems to
initially, correctly recognize both my hda and hdb drives but then I get
multiple "hda: lost interrupt" errors followed by multiple "hdb: lost
interrupt" errors.

Going through the list archives it seems that this can be a problem if you
try to use BootX with the newer machines, however I am using yaboot.

The boot process also does not recognize my USB keyboard or mouse. The
message is that USB device detected and number assigned followed immediately
by device not responding. If I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard during
the boot process, I get the same error.

Going through the list archives, it seems that this too is a known problem.
The solution given (to disconnect and then reconnect the keyboard) did not
work for me. I plugged the keyboard into both ports with no luck.

Has anyone gotten YDL to work on one of these machines?
Any word yet on when and if dual processor support will be available for
these machines?

Thanks in advance.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html