re: YDL on new iMac 500

Subject: re: YDL on new iMac 500
From: John Twelker (twelker@maui.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 00:52:30 MDT

            Re: YDL on new iMac 500

> > >Yes it is.

> > >FYI, there seems to be a problem with USB. The install log noted USBCore
> > >not responding. Also, the partition check showed hda, hda1, hda2. etc.
> > >all lost interupt
> >
> > Ok, a newer kernel will probably fix these problems.
> > I'll get back to you later today.
>

>Aloha Dan,
>
>Jusat wondering how the new kernel was coming along and how much longer
>it might be before these issues are resolved? A number of us new iMac
>buyers are being faced with install problems judging from the number of
>questions in the YD General Digest newslist. Will a replacement CD be
>available for us?

It is a matter of us having one of these machines which we don't yet have.

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

  Yellow Dog Linux
  http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

  Black Lab Linux
  Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
  http://www.blacklablinux.com/

Anyone care to donate their new iMac for a good cause :-) I'm having
too much fun with mine to let it go ...