Re: No sound

Subject: Re: No sound
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 22:44:07 MDT

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Kevin Heflin wrote:

> insmod dmasound
>
> Further reading, I see where this was causing problems with some G4s ? And
> not compiled in by default or something.
>
> Anyway, it appears to be working fine for me at the moment. Will I need to
> run that command everytime after reboot ? Or how could I go about getting
> it in by default ?

Kevin,

Yes you will have to run this everytime that you want/need to reboot. The
simplest solution is to just add the command to your rc.local file that is
run every time you boot.

It's located in the /etc/rc.d/ folder. Add this line to the bottom and the
next time you reboot it will be already done for you:

# Insmod dmasound so that I have sound every reboot.
/sbin/insmod dmasound

That should do the trick.

--
Darron