Re: Back-Up Solutions

Subject: Re: Back-Up Solutions
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:54:22 MDT

At 9:40 AM -0700 8/31/00, Derek wrote:
>We are an all Mac house that is trying to move towards Linux file servers,
>etc. What we are having trouble finding for YDL is a backup solution that
will work with our existing system.

I simply hooked up a Travan NS20 drive to my Yellowdog. Works fine.
you can use any number of backup packages (I wrote a q/d one using
tar), including dump/restore (on YDL), or check our freshmeat.net for
other options.

works fine. I have two filesystems on my disk, root and home. I use
dump to archive / to /home every night, then back up home to tape.

If I ever had a hard death, I'll rebuild from the YDL CD's, then
recover files off the tape. I don't use tape to recover from failure
any more, I'd rather start fresh...

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"