Tulip Driver Problems

Subject: Tulip Driver Problems
From: Derek (derek@digitalgear.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 15:00:10 MDT

Okay, I located the tulip driver for my ethernet card and here is where I
now stand:

When I attempt to compile the source code per the instructions at the bottom
of the source file I receive a lot of warnings but it does produce a tulip.o
file. If I try a insmod tulip.o right after compiling it I get resource is
busy type message.

From the information I've found at the scyld web site for Tulip I should run
the install utility to move the .o file to the /lib/modules/2.2..../net
folder so I can load the conf.modules file. If I do that and run modprobe
eth1 it fails.

Any suggestions at all?

Thanks