Re: to 2.4 tree or not to 2.4 tree

Subject: Re: to 2.4 tree or not to 2.4 tree
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 21:00:34 MDT

been there done that. This message sent from a monolithic 2.4.7 build from
sources obtained from ftp.us.kernel.org

 Is there some ceremony you have to do after building your first working
kernel? Kind of like the first time you cross the equator? Bottle of
champane to neptune or some such?

2.4.7 now running on a Blue G3. Status of sound is still unknown.

There are still some things that did not build on my machine with the config
I put together in the 2.4.7 tree, but I do have a working 2.4.7 kernel.
 Various things that are not even used for ppc will not compile if you select
them in menuconfig.

IPchains did not build for me so I turned it off.

Ymmv.

This is not a complete solution for all macs, just this one Blue G3