Re: Dual-Monitor Support on YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: Dual-Monitor Support on YDL 2.0
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 12:32:10 MDT

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Timothy Morgenthaler wrote:

> I asked this question a few months ago when I first got 2.0, but has
> anyone figured out how to set up dual monitor support. I have a G3 500
> Powerbook, and I want to enable the monitor out on the back of the
> powerbook. Any ideas?

Okay, if someone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it, but here is
what I did...

I had to give a presentation using an LCD projector, and I wanted to show
a demo from the YD partition. When I plugged the projector in, I couldn't
get linux to spit video out the back. So, rebooted into the Mac (this may
be possible using MOL, but I haven't tried since I got MOL working...)
partition. I set my monitor so that I had both the monitor and the LCD
projector both up (mirrored). I then switched to the YD side, restarted
the projector and bang I had video coming out of the projector and on my
screen.

Now, this was video mirroring, I haven't tried any other setup. I wish I
knew something that didn't involve switching between OS's, but it at least
worked. If someone has a better (and perhaps more correct way) I'd love to
hear it. I couldn't find anything online, and no one has ever answered any
questions I posted about it...

-Christopher