OS X and YDL on same drive

Subject: OS X and YDL on same drive
From: Yellow Dog (y_dog@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 01:16:08 MDT

I have had one heck of a time trying to install YDL and OS X on the same
drive. It seems this is not possible.
I have the drive set in two partitions and had OS X installed on one and
when I tried to install YDL, it was a no go.
So I reformatted and put the drive in two partitions again only this
time installing YDL first. Success...Now I go to install OS X on the
second partition. The first time into the installer I got an error that
said could not install please retry, so I did. The second time the
installation went without a hitch. But when I went to restart and boot
back into YDL, I could only get so far as to the yaboot session and when
I was prompted with "boot: ", I hit enter and it said:
"WARNING: Image could not be found" . So it seems that the OS X
installation erased Linux so OS X could install correctly. Anybody tried
doing this or know if this is possible. What's going on? thanks.