Re: 2.0 INSTALL

Subject: Re: 2.0 INSTALL
From: cdowns (cdowns@skillsoft.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 05:04:05 MDT

When installing anything by hand on a ( RedHat ) based system you use
the rpm ( RedHat Package Manager ) which is ok except for the dependency
issues that arise. you should go through and install these missing
dependencies because certian applications will not function correctly. I
have moved away from RedHat based systems some time ago and do not miss
that game. but i would read the man page for rpm so you can see all the
commands and functions it performs. in a terminal type: man rpm

a sneaky way that sometimes works is:
rpm -ivh --nodeps <file.rpm>

make www.google.com/linux become your friend as you try to find packages
that include certian dependencies.