Re: 2.0 INSTALL

Subject: Re: 2.0 INSTALL
ghannon@cspi.com
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 07:49:11 MDT

I've had similar things happen. I'm usually working with machines that I
can clean out and start over and that has worked very well for me. It's
not enough just to redo the install, I've had to delete and re-add the
linux partitions to get them to format, removing the old stuff that causes
the conflicts.

I'm sure there are manual ways around this, but you can do all this from
within the installer.

When you install one of the "canned" packages, it should have all the
dependencies correct and very little missing.
(I've not tried them all, so I can't say for sure.) As far as the base
being very basic, the documentation says it's not really recommended for
anyone.

I don't know what you're using it for, but I would recommend Development
Workstation as a minimum.
This installs the compiler - which it seems everyone eventually needs.
It says it's for geeks, but don't worry, assimilation is fairly painless
and resistance does seem futile.

Good Luck,
Gary Hannon

ghannon@cspi.com