Re: 2.0 INSTALL

Subject: Re: 2.0 INSTALL
From: Tae H. Han (taeh@seas.ucla.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 11:29:37 MDT

Hi

Since I have less than a Gb to install YD2.0, I had to do the minimum
installation (I tried the home/workstation, but it complained that there
was insufficient disk space.) and using rpm, installed the other packages
I needed (X and a couple other things that I don't remember.). Perhaps
there was an error during your install, as rpm should have installed (it
did on mine.). If I were you, I would try to reinstall YD2.0 (who knows
what else didn't get installed.) and "manually" install other rpm
packages as suggested by cdowns. If there are dependencies, then you have
to install all the packages at once (When I tried to install X it also
wanted the mesa packages and something else so I had to perform an rpm -
Uhv X* mesa* something from the rpm directory in the YD2.0 cd.). The
manager will tell you what libraries you need.

Cheers

Tae